"Ave Maria: The Universal and Timeless Hymn"
To Order Ave Maria CD by phone:
Ave Maria CD
What people are saying.
Portraits of the artist.
San Diego Wedding Harpist
Copyright 2014 by Dr. Marsha Long
A very tiny taste of the music on this CD
in Organum Style Plainsong
Hail Mary, Gentle Woman
An American Pop Ave
|“Ave Maria: the universal and timeless
hymn” by Dr. Marsha Long ($19.95) Latin, English, Spanish, Italian, German,
French, Polish, Gaelic, Hungarian, Nigerian Yoruba, Tagalog (Filippino),
Greek, Arabic, Aramaic.
Playing instruments as diverse as the powerful pipe organ of St. John the Divine and the healing vibration of the ancient lyre of David, soprano Marsha Long sings Mary’s praises in fourteen languages and in styles that range from primitive chant, to opera and contemporary pop. Fully utilizing her voice that covers four octaves and drawing on her worldwide travels, she has produced a musical masterpiece that transports the listener to a world of transcendent beauty filled with heavenly melodies and soaring emotions. This CD delights the senses while nourishing the soul. The 75 minutes of music takes the listener on a journey around the globe and through two thousand years of musical styles. Whether chanting in Greek St. Luke’s original text of the angel Gabriel to Mary or singing a joyous contemporary American Pop Ave recorded in the Hit Factory in New York City, Dr. Long keeps the listener immersed in a world where the human spirit is renewed. Dr. Long’s original compositions interwoven with the universally loved classics, clearly demonstrate Mary’s power
|to challenge and intrigue composers of all periods, styles nationalities and races. Every track on this CD is designed to give immense pleasure, excite the imagination, aid meditation and instill a sense of absolute wonder in the listener.
Listen to this CD and see for yourself why the New York Times has called Marsha Long, “inventive...graceful...powerful”, and why Fanfare calls her “An artist who gets all the elements of her performance impeccably right… thrilling and musically compelling.” This CD is ideal for setting moods for para-liturgies, personal devotion and simply relieving the stress that is a part of contemporary life. On the CD she plays three different pipe organs including that of St. John the Divine, Hamburg and American Steinway concert grand pianos, four types of harps, Egyptian Kanoon, harpsichord, African xylophone, talking drums, Hungarian cimbalom, hand bells, cymbals and synthesizers demonstrating and astounding range of musical mastery. The Ave Marias by Bach/Gounod, Schubert, Mascagni, Puccini, Verdi, Bottazzo, Caccini, Arcadelt, Francisco, and Landry are performed here along with eleven totally new compositions by Dr. Long. On August 11, she premiered her French Ave at Notre Dame Dame in Paris.
Dios te salve Maria
on a contemporary Polish
1. Gregorian Chant Organum Style Plainsong mode 1* 1 :09
2 Bach/Gounod : Ave Maria 3 :03
3. Vocalise* 1 :29
4. Hail Mary, Gentle Woman, Landry 2:43
5. Ave Maria, Schubert 4:00
6. An American Pop Ave* 4:01
7. Go mbeannaitear duit (Gaelic) 3:27
8.Je vous salut Maria* 2 :41
9 Verdi: Ave from “Otello” 4:32
10. Dios te salve Maria* 4:21
11. Ave based on Mascagni's Intermezzo From "Cavalliero Rusticana" 2:24
12. Harp Improvisation with French Church Bells* 2:45
13. Gegrusset seist du Maria* 2 :29
14. Zdrowas Marjo* 4:05
15. Udvozlegy, Maria* 1:53
16. Latin Gregorian Chant, Plainsong Mode 1 2:02
17. Caccini :Ave Maria, 3 :38
18. Bottazo: Ave Maria, Harp Solo 1:55
19. Puccini: after Ave Maria from "Suor Anglica" 3:38
20. Arcadelt/Long: Ave Maria Harp Solo 1:55
21. The Words of Gabriel (Lk 1:28 and 42) Greek Chant 2:22
22. Aramaic/Syriac Ave 1:25|
23 Arabic Ave* 3:41
24. Moki O Maria (Nigerian)* 4:20
25. Fr. Francisco: Aba ginoong Maria, 1:50
26. Piano Improvisation on a contemporary Polish Ave, 3:54
27. Gregorian Chant Organum Style Plainsong mode 1* 1 :09
*composed by Dr. Marsha Long